As the refreshing rains replace the scorching summer heat, a season shift brings both relief and health challenges. While the rain offers a welcome respite, it also ushers in health concerns that become more prominent during this time.
Given our erratic weather, such as scorching heat during the day and heavy rainfall from afternoon to evening, it is significantly impacting our well-being. We become more susceptible to illness or infection. Moreover, stress weakens our immune system. As we endure continuous rainy days, it is beneficial to have these essential items to ensure our health, comfort, and protection from the downpour:
- Umbrella: Stay-dry comfort – Of course, number one on the list is an umbrella. If I would look at the bags of most Filipinos, I’ll most likely find an umbrella. It’s like a trusty sidekick in the crazy weather rollercoaster we experience daily. One minute, we’re under the scorching heat, and the next, we could be caught in a downpour with gusty winds. Having an umbrella on hand keeps me prepared for whatever weather surprise comes my way.
- Tea: A cup of warmth – There’s nothing quite like wrapping my hands around a warm mug of tea as the rain taps against the windowpane. The soothing warmth of tea instantly makes me feel snug and content, making it the ultimate comfort drink for gloomy weather. I always choose a selection of soothing herbal teas such as chamomile, lavender, or ginger, which not only provide warmth but also have calming and digestive properties. Sometimes, I add some honey or lemon for an extra touch of sweetness and flavor!
- Soup: Comfort food for the soul – For many Filipinos, soup has always been a comfort food especially during the rainy days. Whether it’s the beloved Filipino classics like sinigang, tinola, or bulalo, or a simple yet heartwarming bowl of pumpkin soup, these have always been a go-to choice for me especially when I want some warmth!
- Essential oils: Aromatherapy for comfort – Call me a tita but I love indulging in essential oils. These tiny miracles are made from plant extracts, and they have the power to turn my day around with just a sniff! Lavender essential oils can help reduce stress, while eucalyptus essential oils can provide relief from congestion, making it easier to breathe in the damp weather. It’s great as a sleep aid, too!
- Essential vitamins and medicines: Defense and immunity booster – No rainy-day care package must include essential vitamins and medications. It’s prudent to keep them readily available for those times when I’m not feeling well. During this rainy season, I ensure that I always have Sodium Ascorbate from Nutrawell as my vitamin supplement, and Actimed Paracetamol to promptly address any symptoms I may experience. To guarantee that I have a sufficient stock of high-quality and cost-effective generic medicines and vitamins, I consistently visit Generika Drugstore.
Through its house brand products Actimed Generics and Nutrawell Supplements, Generika Drugstore makes flu and allergy relief medications accessible and affordable.
With these rainy-day essentials, ramdam ko ang ginhawa ngayong tag-ulan, ramdam ko pa ang ginhawa sa bulsa with the vitamins and medicines from Generika Drugstore!